Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Part I: Easy Photo Books That Make You Look Incredibly Talented - Art Gallery Book

Ever since customizable, bound photo books became available to the average consumer, I have been a huge fan. They're fairly simple to create, look professional, and are relatively inexpensive ($25-$40 and there are always discounts around the winter holidays). I've created books both in Shutterfly and Kodak Gallery with nice results.

In addition to doing scrapbook-style "Year in Review" photo books, I've found other great applications and wanted to share my favorite projects.

The first project was an art gallery book for my co-worker of her children's artwork. While she was out of town, I snuck into her office, took the artwork off the wall, and photographed each piece individually. (Thankfully, I took a "before" picture of her wall and was able to put the artwork back exactly in its place so she never suspected a thing.)

The inside cover (the photo appeared through the cut-out in the cover):


The perfect quote that I added inside:


A few sample pages of artwork:






Another idea - publish your children's stories and illustrations!

2 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Alison, this is brilliant. What a wonderful gift! Did she absolutely lose it when she saw it??

justsmurfy said...

She really did love it - she even got teary-eyed! =)