Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Part II: Easy Photo Books That Make You Look Incredibly Talented - Wedding Speech & Colorized Photos

Did I mention I *love* photo books?

Another favorite photo book project was a wedding memento for one of my closest friends. I had given a speech at her wedding and I combined the words from my speech with photos I had taken.

For the colorized effect in some of the photos, I used Photoshop to create a copy of the photo and placed it on top of the original. I converted the top photo to black & white and then used the eraser (50% opacity) to erase the top photo wherever I wanted color to show through. With this technique, I was able to "add" color to specific parts of the photos I wanted to highlight.

Front cover:


Inside cover:


Sample pages of colorized photos with words from my speech:






2 comments:

KarenKrafts said...

I love this book! I love it! And luckily for me, I own it! (:

Anonymous said...

This is truely the best gift ever. I have made a few... Great for bridal showers as well.